Saturday, February 20, 2010

i'm so irritated

Mostly with myself. Also with this crappy new purse I've complained about before. And, y'know, the universe in general.

So, like I said, I was going to watch my friend perform last night. As most of you all know, I next to never go out on Friday night. I get up really early Friday morning and then again Saturday morning, so Friday is actually the very worst night of the week for me to do anything, despite its party central reputation. But of the various days and times my friend was going to be on stage this weekend, late Friday evening was the only one that was going to work for me. And I'd promised that I'd go. And I did want to go to show my support anyway.

Therefore, despite my tiredness, I came home, bathed, changed, put on my new boots, and got ready to go into town. Before I was leaving, I looked in my purse to see what I could leave home to lighten my load. I took out my planner. I took out my sunglasses. Then, in a fit of precognition, I looked at my work badge, thought about it, then decided it wasn't heavy anyway and if I took it out, I'd forget to put it back in in the morning.

Went to the festival. Along the way put my gloves in my purse, took them out, put them in. Took my iPod out, put it in, took it out, put it in. Took my wallet out once and put it back. Put the play program in, took it out, out/in...repeat several times. Took my glasses out. Took my phone out to mute it and then half-took it out a few times to check the time. Almost nodded off in the dark theater a few times, from tiredness, not boredom. Was completely exhausted by the time I got home just after midnight.

Get up five hours later, go to work, realize as I'm walking in that I can't find my badge in my purse to swipe in. Go down to my office, dump the entire contents of my bag on the stretcher and realize that it's NOT IN THERE. Ransack my desk to find my old, broken badge which nevertheless still swipes, and go back upstairs to do so, so, y'know, I'll get paid. Call D and ask him to search the upstairs for my badge in case I *had* taken it out last night when I looked at it. Nope.

So, apparently, last night between my exhaustion, my normal klutziness and disorganization, and the bad bad design of that fucking bag, when I was pulling one of many objects out of my purse on one of those many occasions, I accidentally dumped my badge out too, didn't notice, and have now lost it. Which means Monday I have to go to work early, go to Human Resources where, if I present ID, a DNA sample, and my firstborn child, *maybe* they'll give me the paperwork authorizing a new badge which I will then have to schlep over to security in order to actually get one. Pain in my ass.

Plus the idea of some stranger finding my ID on the street freaks me out for reasons that are somewhat unclear.

Boo!

xoxo

No comments: