Monday, March 10, 2008

nipplemania

Just as a weekend update:

I was flipping through a magazine and I saw an ad for a new Bali bra with "concealing petals for complete modesty." Which will make me "feel confident." Huh. I really wasn't all that aware that the fact that someone somewhere might ascertain the fact that I have nipples was something I needed to be freaking out over. But okay.

Then, as a contrast, I was walking past an Ann Taylor store--for my male readers who may or may not know this, Ann Taylor is a rather conservative woman's clothing store which sells the kind of apparel you might wear to work if you're required to dress on the more professional side or the kind of dresses you might buy for a wedding or a christening, by which I mean to say, Ann Taylor clothes definitely do not bring the sexah--and they had a rather disconcerting window display. All the mannequins had extremely pointy, pointy tiny breasts. You know how some women with very small breasts have a disproportionate nipple ratio, so that when they're erect, it's basically like the whole boob is? Well, that's very visibly the look all these mannequins had *underneath their business suits and Bar Mitzvah dresses.* It was...odd.

So, once again, I am forced to deduce that the media is sending me mixed messages, and thus, I should just ignore the whole thing, and in fact keep ignoring the state of my own nipples, much as I don't spare any time in the average day thinking about my kneecaps, my pinky toes, or my right eyebrow. It seems like the right course of action.

xoxo

No comments: