Saturday, March 1, 2008

blur

As mentioned in the previous entry, I woke up ridiculously early today, 4:30 or so, which, when you need to be at work at 7:15, is really overkill. So, one of the things I did, besides chuckle at the weather hysteria, is watch the hockey episode of South Park, the one that's the spoof of every feel-good sports movie ever made.

And in it, they use Song 2 by Blur. If anyone remembers when I did my list of the top five hookiest pop songs ever written, this was in the top three, so obviously, it's stuck in my head now. So much so, that I had to interrupt writing this post to go watch the video on youtube. (What? My patient isn't here yet. I'm sure I'll do something that I actually deserve to get paid for anytime now.)

It leads me once again to muse on how if you just manage to write just one ridiculously catchy song, you are set for life. I mean, unless you spend bazillions of dollars on heroin or something. But, really, just one song that people can't get out of their brains, and you will make so many royalties from all the commercials and movies and TV shows that want to use it, you'll be able to dive through your piles o' money like Scrooge McDuck.

Now, excuse me while I go watch that video again.

xoxo

1 comment:

Craig H said...

Just this morning I had the quintessentially unique and wonderful guitar line from Willin' (Lowell George, we miss you) soundtracking my imagination over my morning Cheerios, and it occurred to me that he's left humanity with a gift that remains alive as long as we're here to pass it on. (I doubt there are many inventions in the history of the world as important or as meaningful to me as those few bars). Too much of a coincidence that you're having a similar experience, so I'm gonna go fire up the pod and consider it the cosmos speaking to me. ("...but I'm still on my feet, and I'm still... Willin'...")