Friday, March 28, 2008

mary sunshine in th' house

The other day I read (elsewhere on the internet) a comment along the lines of "it's not all rainbows and kitten orgasms" which cracked me the hell up, though I really don't want to stop and think about it all that hard. So, anyway, I thought I'd take a break in here from complaining about people who suck, the exploitation of dead rock stars, and being thwarted in my attempt to buy the perfect platform sandals and, instead, give you a Friday taste of rainbows and kitten orgasms and other happy things.

1.) Dried cranberries. I've been eating dried cranberries in my industrial oatmeal and they are genius. A far superior fruit to the pedestrian raisin.


2.) Yoga progress. Despite the fact that, yes, my back was spasming yesterday, I did my yoga last night, and actually got all the way down into "saddle" and held it for the full five minutes. I think that was my first time. Here's a picture of saddle, taken from yinyoga.com.


3.) My mad uploading skillz. Aren't you all so glad the marvelous adventures are illustrated now?

Kitten orgasms for everybody!

xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I'm starting to get the sneaking suspicion that you're starting to only blog about things you can use to show off your mad uploading skillz... :p

Although congratulations on the saddle, which is, frankly, really impressive! Did it help your spasming back, or had it already calmed down by then?

And are the dried cranberries Craisins, or something else? Cause I've been working my way through a Costco-sized bag of Craisins and was disappointed to note that they have added sugar--I'd thought that merely drying the little buggers concentrated the fructose or something sufficiently, but I was obviously living in a fantasy world.

They're really, really good, though.

However, I find the phrase "kitten orgasms" both creepy and perverted (and not in a good way) and am deeply disturbed that you felt compelled to insert three times in one post an image you didn't "want to stop and think about it all that hard." :p

malevolent andrea said...

1.) You're probably right. :-)

2.) It did help my back feel better, though actually, it's probably all the forward bends I do prior to attempting that move that made my back feel better. Mmmm, warmed up fascia, mmmm.

3.) I dunno if they're craisins or not. They're on the oatmeal bar labelled "cranberries" but I think all dried cranberries do need sweetening. They're tart lil buggers.

4.) I'm just going to keep saying itm till it doesn't crack me up any more. Kitten orgasms, kitten orgasms, kitten orgasms.

Nope, still laughing. :-) :-)

Anonymous said...

You're both sick and perverted.

Now I'll never be able to look at a kitten the same way again.

I think you've scarred me for life. :p