Wednesday, December 29, 2010

very important, crucial food question

Okay, kids, I bought me some Stop & Shop deli Swiss cheese. I just opened it and there are no holes. Is it possible to have hole-free Swiss cheese or did those idiots give me the wrong thing? Also? It kind of tastes like Parmesan, but I don't know if I am mindfucking myself into thinking that 'cause it looks wrong. So, incompetence of grocery employees or just what I get for being cheap and not buying the Boar's Head or Alpine Lace?

Answer soon. The fate of the universe and/or my lunch depends upon it.

xoxo

Also, please advise on how to tell if blue cheese and sour cream have gone bad. Extra points if you explain kefir.

(Blogger spellcheck does not recognize the existence of kefir. That's racist. Mongolian power! Um, no, Russian power! Wikipedia has corrected me. Maybe I should see what they say about effin' Swiss cheese. I'll stop editing this any.time.now.)

Swiss cheese is a generic name in North America for several related varieties of cheese which resemble the Swiss Emmental. Some types of Swiss cheese have a distinctive appearance, as the blocks of the cheese are riddled with holes known as “eyes.” Swiss cheese has a piquant, but not very sharp, taste. Swiss cheese without eyes is known as “blind.”[1] What the hell do I need you people for when I have the interwebs. God.

Mongolian kefir is "kumis." Everyone knows that. Duh.

4 comments:

Uncle said...

"Kumis:" means sour milk kept in a skin bag and ridden on all day by a Mongolian.
But wtf does kefir mean?

Is it wrong to exploit blind cheese?

malevolent andrea said...

Kefir is sour milk kept in some kind of a container, possibly a skin bag, by Russians. Or that liquid yogurt-y stuff you buy at the Whole Foods with your $1 off coupon. :-)

malevolent andrea said...

Blind cheese apparently tastes like Parmesan, so it deserves everything it gets, IMO.

crispix67 said...

All I know about Kefir is that it's yummy. So thanks for the educational post :-)