Sunday, December 19, 2010

star trek meets jay-z

I am so easily amused.

Okay, enough of that! The Benevolent L and I had, after much plan deliberation contingent on snowstorms my boss accurately told me were not going to take place, "our" Christmas today. I am about to tell you reason number one why she is the best friend ever, but first I am going to tell you the second reason she is the best friend ever. The second reason she is the best friend ever is that every time she comes to my house for dinner and I serve her something very basic and unimpressive, she acts like it's some kind of amazing meal and like I'm actually a good cook. It's very endearing and sweet.

The reason she is the best friend ever? OMG, you guys, she visited my amazon wishlist and bought me The New Rules of Lifting for Women. I wanted that book *so* bad, I cannot even tell you. Plus she got me an amazing Lush massage bar and some fabulous hand cream for my poor abused hands. Score!

The only glitch in our lovely holiday celebration is that we set out to the Gulu for after-dinner lattes and dessert, and they were closed. Staff Christmas party or some such nonsense. So we went down the street to a newer place, Coven, which is only counter service, BUT which has Original Sin on the menu. I wasn't drinking because I'd already had wine at home, but this bears keeping in mind for future reference. Plus the Benevolent L was pleased because they had gluten-free baked goods. So out of tragedy comes triumph. Um, yeah.

(Did I mention the package of meat from my SIL arrived on Friday? It did! Steaks and books on the same weekend is like whoa.)

xoxo



No comments: