Sunday, December 12, 2010

kitschmas update

This year's dining room table.


Glitter Santa driving a plane joins glitter reindeer in the foyer.


Another angle.


Woodstove deco. (Don't worry, we never use it. No fire hazard.)

Closeup.



The lights around the front door and the lights up the staircase banister are the same as last year, as are the pillows on the foyer chair. You could look back to last Kitschmas if you re.ally really want a refresher. There are new IKEA snowflake lights in the front window, however, which I have not photographed. Alas, documentation isn't complete.

In other news, I baked those cookies for the forced cookie exchange in work, and I was absolutely correct in that not only did this require more labor than Secret Santa, it cost more too. Thirty bucks in cookie supplies at Stop & Shop last night. And now I have all this left over coconut and chocolate chips and butterscotch chips and graham crackers which will stay in my cabinet for a few years till I throw them away.

Maybe I should make myself a pan of cookies and eat them all, since rumor has it that I have an eating disorder. Eye roll.

And in other, other news, while I was screwing around, waiting for the rain to let up before I went to the CVS to pick up the cat's prescription, I got out this spiral curling iron that I had bought years ago and never got the hang of, and figured it out. I made myself an adorable curly high ponytail which looked really cute till I put my hood over my head and went out into the drizzle. Now it's mostly straight again. I guess it needed "product," yo.

Is your shopping and decorating done yet, bitches? (No pressure!)

xoxo


2 comments:

crispix67 said...

Umm..no. LOL Havent even started.I did get a poinsettia from a client and have that in my room.

Ive only got a few people to get gifts for though, so Im thinking next weekend will be a busy time for me. :-)

Love Glitter Santa and the little weightlifting ornament. :-)

malevolent andrea said...

I'm not done, either, and stuff I mail ordered is taking SO LONG to arrive this year!