Wednesday, December 8, 2010

hot rocks report

While I was forcing myself to watch the instructional video last night--despite the cheesy music, the bad production values, and the aesthetically displeasing massage room--it occurred to me that the hot stone massage consisted of 80% therapist messing about with the stones and 20% client actually being massaged. And playing around with it with G and M2 today, my impressions were confirmed. We were all united in thinking there were parts of it that might be a nice luxurious adjunct to a regular massage (like warm towels!), but that we wouldn't be lining up to get a whole treatment consisting of nothing but. But, on the other hand, I'm kind of curious now to get one some place that does a lot of them just to see if I could be convinced to find it fabulous.

It would be, like, research, rather than a waste of money, right? RIGHT?

NO, IT WOULD BE LIKE HALF A FUCKING LEATHER JACKET.

Ahem. I'll stop whining about that any day now. Any.day.now.

xoxo

Addendum: Actually, I take it back. It's a whole leather jacket. I just checked a local place. $165.

No comments: