Thursday, March 18, 2010

you wouldn't think it was actually possible

But if anything could do it, this would make me feel genuinely sorry for Mr Tiger Woods. It's the same as when Mr "Hiking the Appalachian Trail"'s love letters to his hot Argentinian came out and were endlessly mocked. Say what you will about the hubris, not to say stupidity, of public figures cheating on their spouses and thinking they won't get caught, or cheating on their spouses and putting things in writing, I can't help but feel sympathy when someone's private communications to their paramour are made public and then, y'know, made fun of.

If you have never written a nauseatingly mushy or disgustingly smutty letter, email, or text to someone you are in love or lust with, then you are, I will suggest, either a highly repressed individual who never discusses either your emotions or your sexual fantasies OR you are someone who does not communicate through the written word. The rest of us? We've written private things to our lovers that would make other people roll their eyes, laugh hysterically, or gag. I myself may or may not have saved sent emails on this very computer that would be, shall we say, eminently mockable if you weren't the intended recipient. The fact that I am a nobody, so no one cares, doesn't make me deserving of privacy whilst cheater-cheater famous Tiger isn't.

Oh, and did you know that a tomato mozzarella panini from Panera has 770 calories? Look it up.

xoxo

3 comments:

Uncle said...

I *knew* there were reasons that

a) I burn my leftover hard drives

b) I either get soup or whole-grain bagels with light cream cheese at Panera's

malevolent andrea said...

"a" sounds like a fine decision, but you should look up how many calories are in those bagels ;-)

Jean said...

Wow, did I really just spend a half hour reading that text exchange?