Monday, March 29, 2010

how do you know it's monday again?

I had an appointment at the PCP's today. Don't ask me why. I am fine. But if I didn't go, when I called next month to get refills on my prescription, they'd give me a hard time. So I sucked it up and went, even though it meant a $15 copay and literally hours of time (between going there, sitting in the waiting room, then sitting in the exam room) just to say, "I'm feeling great!" But now I have clearance to go 6 months before I see them again, woohoo.

However, while my doc was in the room with me (finally!) accessing my records on his laptop, he could not find any results of the labs they drew in January. I know they took blood when I was there in January. Absolutely positive. He made some kind of lame excuse along the lines of "oh, I must have decided it was too soon after they drew you" but let's face it, either someone lost the tube or my results didn't make it into my record. Whatev. Draw me again, I've got the easiest veins in eastern Massachusetts. So his nurse, Denise, came back to do that, apologizing profusely because she knew how long I'd already been there. "I'd have drawn you when I took your blood pressure, but I thought I remembered you having labs recently." Ha! We confirmed that neither of us is hallucinating nor is the perimenopause fucking with our brain functions.

Anyway, her reappearance in the room afforded us a few extra minutes to chat, and therein I learned her Easter plans. She's all excited for the projected lovely weather on Sunday. See, they aren't having an egg hunt in the backyard. No. All the nieces and nephews, not to mention her son, are older. So instead, they're having a nip hunt! I died. I was like, I wanna come to *your* house on holidays. This is a genius idea right up there with M2's Indian food Thanksgiving tradition.

In semi-related holiday news, best Passover wishes to those of you who start observing tonight. I don't know if there's any way to work tiny bottles of hard liquor into a seder, but you probably should brainstorm. There's still time!

xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There'd be nothing against tiny bottles of hard liquor at the seder, just so long as they're kosher for passover (is there any liquor that isn't kasher le pesach?). However, given how little most Jews drink, you'd be better off working in little bottles of kosher for passover wine. After all, we do have to drink four glasses. Probably have to fly El Al and swipe from their service carts to find it, though.

On the other hand, on Purim, the Talmud says you should drink until you can't tell the difference between the phrases "cursed is Haman" and "blessed is Mordechai". For that holiday, little bottles of hard liquor would likely be quite helpful (though it's really supposed to be wine, even then).

malevolent andrea said...

About the whole "how little most Jews drink"? Just wanna give you props for doing your part to raise the average. :-)