Tuesday, March 9, 2010

from the celeb files

First item: hilarious!

Have you seen the E-Trade commercial in which the E-Trade baby's girlfriend is accusing him of cheating with "that milkaholic Lindsay"? (Can I pause to say that, with the amount of complaining I do in here about advertising, I must give props to E-Trade and their ad agency, because I find the E-Trade baby commercials fairly brilliant?) Well. Lindsay Lohan is suing them, because she feels this ad is making fun of her. Because, obviously, she's the only woman in America named Lindsay. Dude, if you think that just the mention of your (very common) first name plus substance abuse automatically makes the American public think of you, perhaps what you *should* be worrying about is your own excessive partying. Also? Excessive cocaine use does lead to paranoia.

Second item: not so hilarious.

Lil Wayne has been sent to Rikers, and not in protective custody, but gen pop. That's harsh. I know, I know, to quote the theme song of my very favorite TV show when I was like 11, "don't do the crime if you can't do the time DON'T DO IT!" And not to sound too much like some bleeding heart liberal. But really. I cannot imagine a white celebrity of similar fame/status being put in gen pop in a non-country club prison. Someone cite me an example if you have one.

Third item: perplexing.

Former frequent blog subject and first lady of France, Carla Bruni, is reputed to be having an affair. Um, it's France. Isn't that expected? Call me when the pics of the Obama -Sarkozy/Bruni wife swap at the Nato summit last year come out. Then I'll be interested. (That was just my perverted little fantasy? Really? Are you sure? Damn.)

xoxo

No comments: