Wednesday, March 10, 2010

again, i think you should all be interested in my crap

Shut up. At least I haven't started posting pictures of what I cooked for dinner last night and I'm not discussing my (nonexistent) baby's toilet training. That's a step up from most personal blogs, yo. (Just ignore this morning's little dream report.)

So, on to my very ::ahem:: interesting morning. We'll do it in list form, shall we?

1.) Took dad to see his PCP. Now he's going on Zoloft. Go, pharmaceutical industry! Actually, I'm not actually opposed, though I don't see how it's going to bring back his wife, his dead brothers, his sight, his hearing, his car, and his ability to function independently, which, y'know, there is absolutely reason to mourn. But if he's perkier, that's a good thing. I'm trying to convince him that now all the snow's gone, he ought to go back to taking his little walks to the corner, and the Zoloft might help. And then that would also make him perkier. Non-vicious circle!

2.) D was officially discharged from skilled (visiting) nursing today. I knew this day was coming and I fought it, but I know it's true that he doesn't need it anymore. Completely compliant and mostly independent with all his meds and all his appointments, there's no justification for the services to be paid for.

3.) Got my bank statement in the mail this morning and despite the fact that I've felt like I've been spending money like your proverbial drunken sailor (do they really spend more money than other drunks? don't know!), I only spent five bucks more last month than I deposited. I have no idea how that happened, considering I haven't yet made any money from my Top Secret Project nor have I done my taxes, so my income has been as usual. Anyway, go me. And, yes, I do know a person who was way more organized than me would have planned ahead which months have big bills due and which don't and thus not be surprised when they don't, but aren't delightful financial surprises delightful? My new filing system is still kicking ass, though, so don't mock too hard.

Okay, maybe tomorrow I'll tell you something interesting. Hey, this blog is like one of those DVDs that you just keep watching because you're sure it's gotta get better. Ha!

xoxo and namaste, bitches!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I rather suspect that your random drunken sailor may not be more any spendthrift than, say, your random drunken railroad worker.

However, I'm guessing a sailor who just walked off the ship is paid off for the entire voyage at once, thus having way more money to spend all at once. And with that big wad of cash burning a hole in his pocket, even more likely to throw it around.

malevolent andrea said...

Hey! Ask Dr Goodwin/man/son what my dream means, willya? She owes me a freebie. hahaha