Thursday, March 11, 2010

in double OT, suckas

What is "how did Andrea and Mr Barma win trivia last night?", Alex.

But I'm not gloating. That led to bad karma and a humiliating loss last time. Also, we got the first three questions of the night completely and utterly wrong, as in "got no fucking clue" wrong, so while pulling out a come from behind win might seem impressive, it wouldn't have been necessary if we didn't suck with the force of a brand new Dyson during the first quarter. No bragging justified there.

In other ever-so-fascinating news, I am reading this (Buddhism) book called "Radical Acceptance" by Tara Brach and in the author's photo, she looks exactly like *someone* but I have no idea who. I'm leaning towards "someone from massage school who wasn't in my class" or "some therapist or neuropsychologist that used to work here at the hospital" but that's only because this woman looks so crunchy I don't know any other niche I could fit someone I know who would look like that into. The fact that I can't pull this out of my long term memory also explains why I couldn't remember that Charlotte on Sex in the City is "Kristin Davis" last night. My brain probably needs to be defragged.

And one question: do you think I should attempt to clean the garage and the basement before the electrician comes next week or is that a waste of my energy that could be better expended watching twenty hours of Adult Swim since we always get the cartoon trivia questions wrong? Decisions, decisions.

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

We'd clean...but that's just us. Just make sure the SOB turns off the main circuit before making repairs. I've had a few electricians through this place, and a number put excessive faith in the grounding of their tool handles. More than once, I've wondered exactly how I would word the 911 call if the electrician fried him or herself on my property.

malevolent andrea said...

I'm hoping this kid knows what he's doing. He's very earnest. (I would probably have gotten a lot further in life if only I could master the whole earnest thing.)