Thursday, March 4, 2010

notes from my day off

1.) Gloating about how you totally humiliated the opposition in trivia can come back and bite you in the ass. Just sayin'. But I still know my Mormons (Brigham Young!), and I got another cheese question right, which is, as I'm sure you could tell, as it should be.

2.) But in more exciting and pleasant news, Mr Barma helped me set up my fantasy baseball. He's the commissioner of our league and I'm taking over the team that came in last in 2009, because their manager bailed. So I renamed the team "the maria experience", which makes perfect sense if you are me or Mr Barma. Plus, it has a nice ring to it. Anyway, Mr Barma was giving me some tips on strategy and guidance on which guys I might want to keep, but he said this was going to stop real soon now because I am, after all, the competition. I don't know. I would think that sleeping with the commissioner should get you something. ISN'T THAT HOW REAL LIFE WORKS??? Ahem. But just to warn you, I'm probably going to have to spend all my online reading time the entire spring and summer on baseball, especially if I'm not getting any more help, so I can't promise further links to things on regretsy, pictures of Rihanna's boobs, or even news stories I expect you to be as outraged about as I am for a few months. But I'll do my best. I know I owe y'all entertainment.

3.) And in actual baseball news, for the first time evah since I've been filling out those "enter this lottery for a chance to purchase Red Sox tickets" emails I get from mlb.com, I got an email from them last night saying I actually was selected. So Saturday, if all goes well and I'm not stuck in the virtual waiting room forever, I can purchase Green Monster tickets. Which has always been a goal of mine, ever since there *were* Green Monster tickets. I wanna see a game from there once just to say I did.

I think that's all for now, kids. Oh, and namaste, bitches!

xoxo

4 comments:

Craig H said...

You rock Mormons like nobody's ever rocked Mormons. I'm only sorry you missed the picture page from a couple of weeks back, cuz we totally could have used your Mormon cred on that one. (Who knew Glenn Beck was a converted Mormon?)

As for baseball, especially if it's anything like trivial Mormons, I'm betting I'll be asking YOU for tips before the end of the season.

Until then, hang on to your stud catchers, and NO YOU CAN'T HAVE JACOBY for a player to be named later. ;-)

malevolent andrea said...

How very, very sad is it going to be when I have to root for Jacoby to be picked off so you don't get stolen base points? ;-)

Uncle said...

Umm yes...there are such shortcomings in fantasy baseball: that is, *fantasy* fantasy baseball, as opposed to being a Red Sox fan at any time ;)

malevolent andrea said...

Can being an actual Red Sox fan count as fantasy? Aren't fantasies supposed to be pleasant and relaxing? :-P