Wednesday, May 13, 2009

west coast

Ever since I put "California Love" in my workout playlist, I only hear the phrase west coast in Tupac's voice in my head. Just thought you'd want to know that. Not that this blog is gonna be about Compton or anything. That's just an aside.

What I actually want to talk about is how glad I am that my Red Sox have decamped to the other side of the country, because those recent days (i.e. last Wednesday, this Sunday) when there were three sporting events I wanted to pay attention to going on at the same exact time were just exhausting. Last night I could watch the Bruins, switch to the end of the Celtics (face it, the only important part of most basketball games), and then watch a bit of the Sox before giving up and going to bed. No multitasking necessary.

Waking up and finding out the Red Sox won was just a bonus.

On the other hand, this sports bonanza has its other downsides too. Monday night I was momentarily nonplussed to realize there were no sports on TV. I mentioned this sadly to D just about the same time that Mr Indemnity sent me a random email that said, basically, "There's no sports on TV!" So, yeah, it's not just me. D solved the problem at my house by putting another basketball playoff on TNT on. Ha. It's not exactly the same thing as when one of your teams is playing but it's something. I thought I was going to be forced to, like, read. Gasp.

Okay. That's my random post for today. Now I shall go mow my lawn. West coast!

xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need Picture-in-Picture and then all your sports watching multitasking issues will be solved. Especially since the last two minutes of a basketball playoff game will have about 20 minutes of commercials, so you can easily watch the other games and not miss a thing while the Celtics are trying to sell you a dunkin donut for the millionth time.

Actually, you really need triple Picture-in-Picture-in-Picture-in-Picture for that month or so when the Celtics, the Bruins, the Patriots, and the Red Sox are all playing at the same time. Though why anyone would choose any sporting event other than a playoff game over the Sox is beyond me.

malevolent andrea said...

Since it's a (not-so-closely guarded) secret that I hate the (post first SB win)Pats and generally only watch them to root against them, and preseason basketball or hockey isn't relevant to my interests, I have no multitasking problems in the fall. It's postseason baseball all the way, Tim fucking McCarver & all.

However, like last Wednesday, watching three games at once at a bar? The Red Sox were on the TV *behind* me. It's a good thing M2 gave me a massage earlier or *god knows if I'd have had enough neck rotation* to deal with that. Such as.

Craig H said...

Is there anything on these days other than hockey?