Wednesday, May 13, 2009

excitement about the future

Oh, don't get your hopes up. I'm not moving to Bolivia or getting a boob lift or something.

I just saw an online clip of the "Real Housewives of New Jersey", which is the latest show in that franchise and which started last night. Now, I've never watched any of these shows before, but these women are like semi-mob-connected, tanning-bed-using and acrylic-nail-getting, marble-bathroom and huge-chandelier-having types, which makes me love them already. (Since Revere has become all Hispanic and Cambodian, where the hell am I supposed to go to see these people now, if not my teevee?) Anyway, in the clip, one of the women is being stood up by a guy she met online. She calls him and leaves him a voicemail, ending with: "Have a good life. Or die. I don't care." Heh. So, yeah, the rerun's on tonight at 9. I have got to watch this. That's entertainment, yo.

Secondly! Tori Amos. B of A Pavilion, August 19th. No tickets on sale yet. But I am gonna go. Tori Amos at B of A five or six years ago was fab.

xoxo

4 comments:

malevolent andrea said...

Okay. That was as good as I hoped. One chick just had to build, because "living in someone else's house is gross." New guilty pleasure, for sure.

Uncle said...

Reminds me of an ex-boss whose tenants included very high-end antiques dealers. "I don't get it," she would say. "All that money for old schmutz."

crispix67 said...

The guy whose name she didnt know stood her up?? Damn him! I caught the preview the other night where she was telling her friends about him, and didnt know his name.

And I loved (though it made me kinda sad) the girl telling her mom to wear 2 bras next time she tried to play tennis with her.

malevolent andrea said...

Yes! Someone asked her what website she met him on and it was something along the lines of "richguysforyou.com". Honey, a guy whose been cybering you for *two years* without meeting is not going to turn out to be rich, handsome, of age, or even necessarily a guy. DO THESE PEOPLE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE INTERWEBZ? Is it 1995 or something?!?? hahaha

You need to watch the full episode. Really. I highly recommend it for lolz. :-)