Tuesday, May 19, 2009

it's official

I am now completely over Kate Hudson.

I used to like her, based almost totally on her performance in Almost Famous (which, you may remember, is one of D's and my favorite movies of all time), the fact that she was married to Chris Robinson (whose band made that one really good album that I have listened to with enjoyment hundreds of times), and the fact that while she was married to Chris Robinson she used to dress in that funky rich-girl boho style (which, to my shame, is a style I myself gravitate to every time it comes back around.) But of late she has not been aging well, looking very hard, and very generic-Hollywood, her musician husband is long gone, and she hasn't been in an even half-decent movie for ages. So I was becoming disenchanted.

Well. Now she's dating A-Rod.

I'm done with you, Kate. Case closed.

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

OK...let's understand that the use of any cognate of "aging" in regard to someone who just turned 30 leaves me a trifle puzzled.

However, heaping scorn upon anyone who dates A-Rod is perfectly clear.

malevolent andrea said...

Ok! Here's my aging point: when she was 20, she was a beautiful, beautiful girl who looked 20; at 30, she's a not-so-beautiful woman who looks close to 40. I dunno if she's a heavy smoker, or if it's just that she's made herself skinnier than she's meant to be, or if it's the stress of screwing dirty hippie musicians and then A-Rod, but the woman's aging is unnaturally accelerated.

Plus, y'know, *A-Rod*? :-)