Thursday, May 28, 2009

possible content

I swear to you, there very well may be some in here again some day, so, like, keep checking back. I can only make so many masturbation, sex toy, and anal copulation references in amongst the song lyrics and video linkage before I actually have something to say.

Today is not, however, that day.

I would like to blame the Red Sox, because their pitching has been so dire and depressing of late that I don't even want to talk about it. That isn't an excuse, but it's the best I can do.

I would, however, like to make a couple quick updates! I bought a bottle of wine over the weekend for when I was cooking L dinner. Not that L actually ever drinks any more, but I just wanted it for my nice dinner. Well, because L doesn't actually ever drink, only half that bottle was consumed. The rest has been in my refrigerator since Sunday night. I mention this for one reason only. This is the first time in probably five years that I have had any kind of alcohol in my house that wasn't well-hidden. D can't drink. He shouldn't drink on the cocktail of medications he's on anyway, but even without, he shouldn't drink. He's a blackout drinker. Like, totally intend to only drink one forty with his friends and then end up in the hospital with alcohol poisoning type blackout drinking, totally not having any memory of what happened after the second drink. After the *second* time he ended up in the ED with alcohol poisoning, when he was nineteen, he spontaneously said he'd learned his lesson, but I've never wanted to tempt it, never wanted to make it too easy for him to start drinking.

But over the past year or so, I've been feeling much more secure that he is, in fact, done. Done with the drinking, done with ever getting high, done with deciding spontaneously to stop his medications or refuse treatment, blah blah blah. Not that I'd feel as secure if he was out there socializing, because that's a whole nother set of temptations and stresses. But for now? I though half a bottle of wine sitting plainly in the refrigerator was a statement to both of us. And I haven't had to regret it.

In other D news, the shredding project is going well. But he's finding some interesting things amongst the shoeboxes. Like $150 in American Express gift checks in one of them. Score! I think those things are good forever, right? So what should I buy with them that I can buy in a brick-and-mortar store? (Feel free to link me pictures of semi-expensive shoes or purses in comments, because, like, *forgotten gift checks* baby.)

xoxo

3 comments:

Uncle said...

Would this be a bad time to mention I had lunch at Kelly's on the way out of town yesterday? And that to my knowledge you have *still* not had the cheese fries?

Or do the rules say that windfalls must go to nobler causes?

malevolent andrea said...

Dude! $150 buys a lot of cheese fries :-) I could probably get cheese fries and a purse for that much money.

And, no, I still have not have them. The last time I was there I even thought about it, but then I was like, "but then I can't get onion rings..." It's a dilemma.

Uncle said...

"I could probably get cheese fries and a purse for that much money."

My point exactly...what with Nordstroms poppin up everywhere, it would be easier to find a cool purse than to get the one-and-only Kelly's cheese fries.