Saturday, May 30, 2009

random saturday post

I know, I know, there were three instances of bloggery yesterday, so I should be shutting up. However. NO ONE'S FORCING YOU TO READ THIS, ARE THEY?!!!??? <--(That's my Kanye impression. DID YOU LIKE IT?!!!! Okay, I know, you have no idea what I'm talking about. Despite what you might think, I have not gone completely insane, nor had a stroke, like I almost accused Mr Barma of. See, Kanye apparently has a blog, which I myself have never seen but only heard of second-hand, in which he hilariously posts only in caps, with lots of punctuation, mainly about how fabulous he is. N E way, if you only knew that, my joke would have been hilarious. Trust.)

I think spring is elevating my mood. It's not just the light. Being able to go out without eighteen layers of clothes (I'm down to three. Shut.Up.) and without falling on the ice makes Andrea a much happier old woman.

Without further ado, what I came to say:

1.) I think I actually remembered to do everything I wanted to do at work this morning (besides, you know, my actual work, WHICH I DID DO.) Is the caps thang getting old? Okay, I'll stop now. I emailed Marcy to change my appointment. I purchased my Tori tickets (on sale 5/30, suckahs) and gave in to the dark side and printed them myself. Can I just say...a $12.85 ticket fee plus a $5 venue fee? Do not tell me my ticket costs $45 when it really costs $62.85 and I have to print it myself. But it will be worth it. Do I need to say how much I wanted to cap that last sentence? Probably not, huh?

2.) My Indemnity emailed me this morning from his phone, which means the email had that annoying "Sent from my iPhone" tag on it. So when I emailed back, I ended it with "Sent from my crappy work computer." Because I crack myself up so very, very much.

I hope you all are in as good a mood as I am. If not, START DRINKING NOW, IT'S AFTER NOON!!!!!

xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it only says I'm sending it from my iPhone so Ill have an excus for tping lik this.

Last night's Leonard Cohen concert (really good, and long, show, though so obviously no spontaneity, very tightly rehearsed from start to finish) "cost" $77.50 per ticket (in the rafters). Except that $77.50 includes a $3 "renovation fee" (why can't they just renovate with the ticket revenues? (yes, I do know the answer to that one)) yet somehow the final price was $190 for a pair, including a separate "service fee" and "handling charge"

Let me ask you: if "handling" isn't part of "service", just what the hell "service" is there?

malevolent andrea said...

I *know*. It's as bad as airplane tickets or NYC hotel rooms. The "price" is not actually a price, but rather a theoretical construct onto which to tack fees. Or something like that.

I forgot you were going to that last night. Glad to hear it was good.