Friday, May 29, 2009

and another another thing

I got my US Commerce Department census today. Did you all? I thought I could whip through it while my pork chops were in the oven.

Um, not so much. How much I paid for electricity last month? How much I paid for home insurance last year? I do not remember these things exactly off the top of my head. (My dad: "They're not gonna check your answers, you know.") Yes, I know. But I am conscientious. I do not make up answers on official government documents. Fucking sue me. (My dad: "Isn't the house insurance around $500?" Me: "Um, no, dad, it's over $1000.") Note: $1100, I looked it up. Also? $1300 a year for water and sewer? Really? Someone's flushing too much around here. Or the city is screwing me. Or both.

For the record, I counted the "cat box room" as a room, even though I told you all I suspect it is really meant to be a large utility closet. But maybe I shouldn't have since they told me not to count bathrooms and, y'know, it's all pooping in there all the time.

But anyway. I thought I should let you all know I'M BEING A GOOD CITIZEN. Even despite my known problems with both authority and mandatory cardboard recycling.

xoxo

2 comments:

Craig H said...

Your homeowners insurance sounds way too high. Like WAY. And, yeah, the MWRA (in which I'm assuming your city participates) has wicked bogus rates, too.

Is this the right time to observe that the cost of living in beautiful downtown Shangri-Lowell is but a fraction of your current situation?

malevolent andrea said...

Aw, you don't want a person with this kind of known problem with authority and mandatory cardboard recycling as your neighbor. Trust.

:-)