Friday, August 29, 2008

trickle of consciousness

1.) I have another pharmacy/doctor's office annoyance story, but frankly? You're as tired of reading them as I am living them. So let's look at the upside! One gets to bond with one's fellow sufferers as you all sit in the plastic CVS chairs, comparing the incompetence and sloth of every medical and pharmacy person you've had to deal with for the past day or two or five. Building bridges through disgruntlement, woo hoo!

2.) Sarah Palin has cute hair and glasses. She looked sassy in the clip I just saw of her on TV. Not that that would induce me to vote for her, but we have to give props to the sassy middle aged wimmins when we sees 'em, misguided views on abortion rights or not. It's how we here at the Adventures roll.

3.) I had the nicest male nurse practitioner at my doctor's office today. His bedside [exam table side?] manner was leaps and bounds ahead of the female nurse practitioner I had the last time. It really flummoxes me why some people care so much about the gender of their doctor or nurse (or massage therapist!) Good is good, and trust me, your medical professional isn't interested in whatever bits of you they see uncovered. They're in the zone, trying to figure out what's wrong with you and what to do about it.

4.) Do you know what a soffit is? I swear to god, I hadn't ever seen or heard the word till like 3 days ago. And I even have one!

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

Afraid I *do* know what a soffit is, and I hope you have more than one.

malevolent andrea said...

Okay, I think you're possibly using it in its outdoor sense? Because I was using in it the sense of what you call the space between the top of your kitchen cabinets and the ceiling if in fact your cabinets do not go all the way up. (Who even knew that had an official name?) And I only have one of those.

Oh, yeah, and hi, kids. I promise I will write something again some time soon!