Friday, August 15, 2008

friday morning update

1.) I can't help it. I feel kind of bad for the Texas Rangers. I would, however, like to invite them to stay at Fenway for another couple games or so.

2.) My ugly lamp finally came and I am disappointed. Though the item description--and by that I mean the actual "name" of the item, not just the blurb--specifies that it is red, it is in fact more orange. Coral. Terra cotta. Something of that nature. But definitely not red. I'm not torqued about this enough to actually send it back. It's got light bulbs in it and is on my nightstand as we speak, and I can now read in bed again, and I'm sure it will probably grow on me. But I paid full price for it and when I pay full price, I would like the item that the UPS driver drops at my door to be the exact item that was pictured and described on the website. Target.com, I'm looking at you.

xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll admit, having the Texas Rangers as a permanent opponent (kind of like the Globetrotter's Washington Generals) seems like an awfully good idea... especially given the sorry state of several of Boston's pitchers and hitters (that DL keeps getting longer and longer).

However, I will point out that the Rangers did score 17 runs on Tuesday, so they're not entirely dead fish... and they've actually (shockingly) won just as many games as they've lost.

Meanwhile, a little sidenote that a certain Mr. Ramirez is currently hitting .438 for the Dodgers, with a slugging percentage of .813 and an on base percentage of .542. We need to get a few hitters like that, with our serious sluggers like Julio Lugo stuck on the disabled list.

malevolent andrea said...

Forgive me if the Rangers' .500 record still doesn't inspire any confidence in me that the Sox will be picking up any ground this weekend while Texas plays Tampa Bay. :-)