Sunday, August 24, 2008

i *said* there were pics

The famous ugly lamp.

The "office" corner of boho paradise, rearranged a bit and (I think) finished. Can you tell that's my half-nekkid lady being molested by angel print over the desk? It arrived Friday and I have it in a black frame with black and gold mat. Looks awesome. The floor lamp used to be elsewhere--originally in another room, then in another corner of the bedroom--but I like it there.


Here's more of a close-up.





These two mirrors used to be in my sitting/massage/exercise room. I got them at Pier1 probably ten years ago and, after I decided they'd look fabulous in boho paradise, despite much looking I wasn't able to find the same or similar ones anywhere now. So I moved these. Only, however, after I bought some iron crosses at Pier 1 today to go on the massage room wall in place of them. I've decided one of my next projects is to de-junk that room and make it solely into massage space. (You know, one where I could massage other people who want to pay me, not just my close personal friends who kindly overlook the recumbent bike in the corner and the stacks of random magazines.) Anyway, it's got a lot of "ancient artifact-y" stuff in it that the crosses blend with.

So, on that note, I also got a *half* *price* *Buddha* at Pier 1 today for the massage space. (Here he is, posing on my bed. Isn't he fab too? Especially for only $30?) In other words, I spent all my money at Pier 1 on religious symbols of faiths I do not practice or believe in, just because they're pretty. Equal fucking opportunity blasphemy! No, no, I just like stuff that looks like it's 500 or two thousand years old. Isn't he very Angkor Wat? (As an aside, most of you know I've never had the opportunity to travel much [though don't fret, I'm sure my future contractor husband will, besides providing me with step-grandchildren and crown molding, have piles o' money to take me to Europe and any other place my little heart desires] but if I ever do, I absolutely would give my eye teeth to go to Angkor Wat.)

In other decorating news, the more I look at Rate My Space, the more I become concerned that boho paradise is in fact "Tuscan inspired." They be calling any room with dark walls, lots of gold/bronze and rich colors, and antiqued/distressed finishes "Tuscan." I'm still not sure the people of Tuscany would be in favor of that. So I'm sticking with Boho.

xoxo

No comments: