Sunday, August 24, 2008

what were we talking about?

I've got more stuff to talk about and pics to upload, but before I get to that, there's this. I was just looking at the sale papers in my Sunday Globe. There was one for Cardi's Furniture. Now, I don't plan on going to, like, New Bedford for any reason, the least of which would be to buy tacky furniture, but I flipped through it anyway.

Whereupon I found the "plasma TV stand with fireplace" (just ten cents an hour to operate!). So, you know, just in case you don't have an actual fireplace to despoil and you want to be sure to place that ridiculously expensive piece of electronics over a heat source, they've got you covered.

You can't, as they say, make this shit up.

xoxo

(If any of you all own one of these? Please do not write in to defend yourself and/or attack my parentage, looks, or intelligence. Just depart quietly and never read my blog again. K thx bye.)

2 comments:

crispix67 said...

Good grief...lol..I looked up "plasma TV stand with fireplace" just to see. OMG..people pay THAT much money for THAT?? The one I saw was over $1300. heres the link: http://www.summitsource.com/product_info.php?ref=1&products_id=6568

My fave line in the description is "Never before has a furniture company held the needs of the public so high"

Is the public REALLY demanding that their plasma TV stands have fireplaces??? Are people protesting outside furniture makers- DEMANDING they put fireplaces in their TV stands...or else?? LOL

malevolent andrea said...

But..but..it's only 10 cents an hour to operate. How can that *not* be a bargain??? ;-)