Thursday, June 12, 2008

things

1.) I am cranky. In case you haven't figured that out by two "rant" posts in three days. You could probably break out a calendar and start figuring out my cycle by pissy blog posts, but I wouldn't suggest you then tell me about it. Because I'd have to hurt you.

2.) So, yesterday I went to the discount fabric store in Chinatown and bought some upholstery material to re-cover the disgusting desk chair in my bedroom. And it is beautiful and it is cheap, but the colors I picked, while gorgeous, and while coordinating with the color I painted the desk and am painting the chair, don't go with my bedding--my comforter, to be exact. Which is a good excuse to get a new one and hand mine down to D or my dad, right? So I've been looking at comforters, quilts, coverlets, duvets, et al, for the past 24 hours, and you know what? Everything is either boring as shit or cheesy-looking or not the right colors. Or ridiculously expensive. This could have been avoided if, when buying a seven dollar piece of fabric, I had thought through the decorating consequences a little better.

3.) On the plus side, I did buy the stapler today. Which means, without a doubt, that I will stumble across the one I know is in this house somewhere within the next 48 hours or so.

4.) I'm cranky. Did I mention that?

xoxo

No comments: