Monday, June 2, 2008

quick hits

1.) Once I stopped compulsively staring at Christina Hendricks' picture on the cover of EW and actually read the issue, I saw that Margaret Cho has a new show coming up on VH1 this summer, wherein she will tackle such subjects as anal bleaching. Some of you all will remember when Mr Indemnity wanted me to be all outraged and blog about this topic, but I just couldn't get myself worked up. Yes, we all know how I hate that the media and modern American society as a whole keeps finding new areas of the female anatomy that we're supposed to hate about ourselves, and spend time and money to groom, modify, and change. But, I'm sorry, anal bleaching is too stoopid to take seriously. If you can really be convinced to worry about the skin color of an orifice you poop out of, you have bigger problems than unreasonable cultural expectations. Nevertheless, I will probably check out Ms Cho's take on this.

2.) One media item I did get worked up about recently is the sidebar of the story in the Globe (Thursday? Friday?) about Obama releasing his medical records, in which they reported to us his blood pressure, his cholesterol count, and his prostate screening figures. I'm sorry, but none of that is any of my business. Nor is it any of your business. The only persons whose business it is, is Obama and his PCP. It disgusts me that somehow there has become a presumption that no one in public life is entitled to any privacy, whether medical or otherwise.

Personally, I blame Reagan's colon.

xoxo

No comments: