Monday, June 16, 2008

more stuff & things

Is it a sign of just giving up when you give your blog entries titles like that? I'm sure I'll have something interesting and/or creative to say any time now. So, y'know, keep reading! You never know when it's going to happen.

Anyway. Down to blog business.

1.) Project update: I re-covered the chair yesterday, though the seat isn't back on the frame yet, and I am very pleased. My new stapler was up to its task.

2.) Conspiracy theory: I think the NBA told the Celtics to throw that game yesterday, because the TV ratings have got to be pretty good. (If the TV ratings have not been good and I am totally out of touch with that fact, just disregard this theory and blame it on the X-Files reruns we've been watching on DVD.)

3.) Physician, heal thyself: I had a pretty stressful morning today, just because I had to go with D to an MD appointment and by the time I got to work, later than I had planned, all hell was breaking loose. My neck and traps and jaw muscles started spasming, reflexively, and I'm sitting there in my little back room, trying to stretch and do static compression on my own trigger points, and telling myself "if you just wouldn't worry about this shit, you wouldn't be in pain right now, moron." Which doesn't really help. Srsly.

4.) Mr Indemnity asked me what I did exciting with my dad for Father's Day and after I stopped laughing, I told him that while he was taking his nap (3/4th of the way through the game, once the outcome seemed certain) I snuck out unobtrusively to pick up some fried clams, since dinner was supposed to be a surprise. "Excitement" per se doesn't really happen any more when you're 82. But everyone likes fried seafood! so there you go.

xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fried seafood, huh?

You're sure you're not trying get hold of your inheritance earlier than god intended? :-PPPPP

Uncle said...

For the stress, try the Modified Corpse Pose, then get up and consume something extremely unhealthy. More fried clams, perhaps, or consult my blog, or best of all, chocolate!

Yanno, if I had the Big One over a bucket of fried clams, I'd go with a smile on my face and a heart full of gratitude. Just for the Old Fart POV.

malevolent andrea said...

Okay, speaking of chocolate.

This may or may not have happened recently to someone we all know, but...do you think a woman buying a box of tampons and a bag of m&m's (with almonds) and nothing else at the CVS is cause for some snot-nosed teenaged clerk to smirk slightly as he is ringing her up?

Neither do I. She. Neither did she.

Uncle said...

Of course, maybe he just wanted to have his mouth stuffed full of M&Ms. In which case SHE could have given him a big surprise.

Not that I'm hostile, of course.