Sunday, June 8, 2008

1977 was a very good year

Actually, no, it wasn't; it sucked. However, between all the talk of bell bottoms and pink ruffly tux shirts and other vintage matters, you can only image my delight when I came across this:

http://tinyurl.com/4vm4qd

(I tried to just put the picture in for you all, but unfortunately Blogger didn't like the format.)

Anyway, if you clicked it, OMG! Real Gunne Sax from the 70s! I think I actually squee'd when I saw it. Not that I am going to spend 50 bucks on a 30 year old dress that may or may not fit, and not that I am not very slightly squeamish about the idea of vintage in general what with wearing clothes that were worn by strangers, but holy crap, is it tempting. That is So. Cool.

xoxo

4 comments:

Craig H said...

"The fullest part of the bust measures 34 1/2". :-(

malevolent andrea said...

Yeah, that's definitely the iffy part :-)

Uncle said...

LALALALALALALALA....

One of my most traumatic memories of the 70s involves Gunne Sax. One thanksgiving we played host to my college freshman sister-in-law, who announced that she'd like to do "a little shopping" For a Gunne Sax winter dance dress on the return trip to college on Long Island. As a result, I can tell you that it takes 14 hours to go from the North Shore of Mass to the North Shore of Long Island when you stop at every major mall en route. She still came up empty. Put down the dress and back slowly away. It is ACCURSED!!!

malevolent andrea said...

I don't mean to make light of your pain, but...hahahaha.

You just *never* know what seemingly innocuous topic is going to cause flashbacks in your poor readers. :-)