Wednesday, June 4, 2008

more quick hits

1.) Another good mail day! All the stuff I ordered has arrived, including the frame/mat for my print, and as predicted, the matting alleviates the problem I had with the darkness. Looks good.

2.) I've been listening to the B-52s' greatest hits pretty solidly for four days, and I have a question and a comment. Well, a question/comment and a comment. First of all? "Then I'm gonna kiss your pineapple"? I mean, from context, it's pretty clear what we're talking about, but I've just never heard that particular euphemism. I don't know about you but mine isn't, y'know, prickly. Secondly, the song "Is That You, Mo-Dean?" reminds me, inexplicably, of my friend G. That part about "Well, it had been 987 years in outer space time when I got back. Couldn't seem to find any of my friends to tell my interesting stories to"? G is just the kind of person who would get abducted by a UFO and come back with a series of absolutely hilarious anecdotes about the experience (and be slightly disappointed if all his friends were too dead to listen to them.) I hope I remember to make this observation to him the next time I see him.

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

I'm gonna put up an absolutely random comment because dear lord it looks like the groupies have *not* been holding up their end here. No good, no good!

malevolent andrea said...

:-)

Your fellow Frequent Commenters have been legitimately busy, so we mustn't judge them. Mr Indemnity was at Fenway last night whilst Mr Barma was kicking ass and taking names playing a make-up soccer game in the rain.

And, besides, you *know* no one was gonna touch the anal bleaching thing in public. Y'all being such models of decorum. :-)