Friday, June 20, 2008

cupcake attack

I had a cancellation in work this afternoon and so I decided to work on a bit of boring paperwork, and because I need distraction while I'm doing that, I was also looking at b-day presents for L on etsy and e-mailing Mr Indemnity. (Who says I can't multitask like the 20 year olds? Hmph.)

Anyway, I stumbled onto the section of etsy where people sell baked goods by mail, and specifically, a person in Cali selling these amazing huge gourmet cupcakes in about 40 different flavors, 95% of which looked mouthwatering. So rather than keeping up my end of the discussion, I kept forwarding Mr Indemnity pictures of cake instead. Which, really, is far more scintillating than anything I've got to say anyhow.

This baked good window shopping is destined to remain so, because the baker ships priority mail (i.e. 2-3 day shipping) and I'll be damned if I'd ever pay seven bucks a piece for three day old cupcakes, no matter how imaginative their flavors are or how well they photograph.

But now I want some red velvet cake. I'm not sure I've ever had it, but I want some. Like, now.

xoxo

No comments: