Wednesday, September 7, 2011

why are they lying to meeeee?

The weather on my google homepage is telling me that it is a "light rain mist", as reported from a location approximately 1/4 mile from my house. However, outside my particular house, it is pouring. This is pissing me off, because I would like to leave and go get some shit done, but I would like to do so in a light rain mist as opposed to "looking like I took a shower in my clothes again" weather. And when my shopping moratorium is over, I should break down and buy rain boots like I have been threatening to do for 3 years, because I am sick of getting my shoes and/or feet wet.

In non-meteorological bitching, my electrician would like to come and do my work next Tuesday morning, which means I'll have to take off work. However, I am not going to refuse, because being able to cook on more than one burner and use my oven is, y'know, important. D and I were laughing last night about all the food we are going to make Tuesday night. Lesson: you do not fully appreciate what you have until you cannot use it. Ooooo, deep. Apply that to your own life.

Also? How about those Red Sox? (Do you need the ol' irony alert? Okay, then.)

And, finally, in the non-complaint department, I was going to reply to a post of someone's poor cat with a shaved leg from dental surgery with the comment, "Oh, poor kitteh. They look so pathetic when they're shaved." Then I realized how else that could be taken. And then I realized that I probably don't know them well enough to insert a juvenile, off-color joke into their thread, purposely or not. So my sympathy for their cat was not relayed. But, seriously, don't they look sad when they're shaved?

I don't hear it pouring anymore. Maybe I can make a break for it soon. Oh, yeah, now google's telling me it's raining. Very good.

xoxo

Oh, P.S. did you hear about the Eastern Bank scam? D got the call over the weekend, didn't tell me about it, but then was freaking out because he couldn't find his bank statement. So I showed him how to call 1-800-eastern and see that all his money is still in his bank account where it belongs. When we did that, they had a recording on there about the scam and an option to push if you had fallen for it. *Then* he told me he'd gotten the call, not that he was stupid/naive enough to fall for it and enter his account info, but that was what got him panicking. Which, I swear, he's been like that from the time he could talk--he would never ever come forward with whatever was upsetting him or worrying him without my having to pry it out of him with a crowbar. Anyway, Townie Girl also got the scam call and, because she does online banking, Eastern Bank emailed her about the scam too. I don't know why I am impressed by their handling of this, but I am so used to people bitching about the absolutely horrendous things their banks do, I guess I appreciate their minimal standards of customer service. I will be sad the day they get swallowed up. End digression.

No comments: