Tuesday, September 13, 2011

the half empty, half full report

Since yesterday was such a downer, blog post-wise, today I'ma balance out every bad with at least one good.

1.) I just paid my electrician a crapload of money but

1a.) now I can use my oven without the house possibly going up in flames

1b.) which means I'm baking cranberry bread even as we speak and

1c.) having the electrician come was a good impetus to

1d.) almost completely finish cleaning my dad's shit out of that nasty garage and

1e.) start working on cleaning out the basement which I have neglected far too long and

1f.) I think my mega huge air purifier has finally taken the stench out of my downstairs caused by those nasty boxes from the basement in D's closet


2.) Since those little bastards CJ and Nick completely flaked out on me and stopped returning my emails and calls, I was forced to cut my own grass today in desperation but

2a.) I managed to get the mower started, which I wasn't sure I was going to be able to, and

2b.) even though it really doesn't cut very well

2c.) the yard still looks better now than it did an hour and a half ago and

2d.) I'm no longer in imminent danger of the neighbors calling the city on me so

2e.) I don't have to avoid them anymore and it's another weight off my mind and

2f.) incidentally, I noticed that I am so effin' strong now, I can start that mower on one pull (when I first started cutting the grass when it got too much for my dad, he had to start the mower for me every single time, I didn't have the arm strength) so

2g.) functional strength, bitches!


3.) no good news came in today's mail but

3a.) no bad news came in today's mail, either

How'm I doing?

xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot:

4) The Red Sox have not yet been eliminated from the post-season.

malevolent andrea said...

But where's the good news to counteract that? ahahahaha

crispix67 said...

Doin' quite well, akshully :-) Sorry...my lolspeak is a bit rusty. Youre doing good. lol

Functional strength rocks! I was amazed last week when I attempted a handstand after months of not doing it, not even thinking about it, and a week of feeling very unable to support myself. I was able to get into it (against a wall and with my feet on the wall one foot raised at a time) I love when I am reminded of my strength, especially in times when I am not feeling very strong mentally :-)

Hugs

malevolent andrea said...

OMG, handstands are awesome! I R impressed. :-)