Friday, September 16, 2011

wanna talk basebalI? the sequel

So! Having been selected to possibly buy ALDS tickets today, I logged on at 12:04 (purchases start at noon) and was ushered into the virtual waiting room, where I was two "seats" away from the "box office." This surprised me, because the last time I was in the virtual waiting room, I was at number 5 or 6 and in the four hours before I gave up, I never moved. My first thought was, "Oh, hahaha, nobody else thinks they're gonna make it to the ALDS either," but then I realized the more likely explanation was that they just hadn't allowed that many people the chance to buy tickets.

Approximately 12:38 I actually made it to the box office where I made what might have been my fatal mistake. The choices were game 1, game 2, or game 3 (if necessary). I picked game 1. The best available tickets were standing room only. Um, no. No thank you. I am not paying $35 per seat plus convenience fees (and may I say, fuck you, it's not so convenient) to stand for an entire game. I'll watch at home from my couch. And you don't get a second chance. I tried to go back and select another game, but it would not allow me to. Oh.well. These games aren't gonna happen anyway.

I am being recruited to become a Milwaukee Brewers fan. You never know. I might jump ship.

Oh, who are we kidding? I am brainwashed into Red Sox fandom and it ain't gonna go away, sans ECT or something. I'll just bitch, moan, and be bitter as hell.

xoxo

No comments: