Saturday, September 17, 2011

peri-menopause brain strikes again


This is getting slightly scary, you guys.

Lately if I have to mail something, I've been mostly bringing it to work with me rather than putting it into the mailbox on my street. This because, with my bodymedia, I am now accutely aware of how much I sit on my ass at work and going to the mail slot in the hospital gives me an excuse to walk way over to the furthest building from mine and back at some point during my work day. So sometimes I'll throw whatever bills I have to pay into my bag, write the checks at work, and then mail them. Well, this month, anticipating the big bill from my electrician, I did not pay Sprint and NationalGrid at the same time, as I usually do, since those two bills always come within a few days of each other. No, I paid Sprint, and decided to hold off on the 'lectricity another week (and paycheck) and pay it with my AMTA renewal that's due the end of September. (Which, may I say, is ridiculously expensive, but it does give me liability insurance which I need to keep up my MA license and which I guess will protect me should I ever kill someone through, I dunno, arnica overdose or some shit.)

So Thursday (payday!) I made sure I took some checks and stamps with me to pay the AMTA and NationalGrid, the bills for which I was sure I had in my purse the last time I checked. But Thursday I was mega-busy in work and didn't get a chance. Yesterday afternoon, after my last appointment, I sat down to do it, and...well, the AMTA bill was in my bag, but no NationalGrid. Damn, why would I have taken that out? And, damn, it's due next week, so must mail Saturday.

This morning I remembered to grab the NationalGrid envelope from the pile of crap I'd cleaned out of my purse but not yet dealt with. A few minutes ago I took it out and looked at it. It's the bill stub. At some point, that I SWEAR I DO NOT REMEMBER AT ALL, I already paid it. I am completely serious. I remember thinking I wouldn't pay it until I paid the AMTA, but I guess I changed my mind. And the reason I took it out of my purse was because I was done with it.

When they put me away in the home because I have early-onset Alzheimers, will you all come visit me? I mean, I'm sure I won't remember who you are and will probably think you're trying to steal my pudding, but it's good karma.

xoxo

2 comments:

crispix67 said...

I will come visit you...if I can remember who and where you are :-)

My post YTT sleep deprived fuzzy brain did something new this week. I do some things at the yoga studio each week, one of which is to print out the sign in sheets. This involves using data on an already made (thank goodness) Excel spreadsheet- just have to change dates and if there are any subs or class changes make them.

Well, Wednesday morning it was discovered that I had forgotten to change the dates on all of the classes for the week. William- thank goodness- just laughed and said no big deal, just change it when you get a chance.

I did not remember till later that day how that happened, there were lots of changes to the schedule this week and I wanted to get them before I changed the dates. I simply forgot to go back. But that memory had to swim through the molasses in my brain till Wednesday afternoon when it popped up.

Im gonna be 44 next month, can I blame this on pre-menopause? Cuz the sleep deprived excuse doesnt always work :-)

malevolent andrea said...

Absolutely! I hear peri-menopause can start 10 years before actual menopause sets in, so as far as I am concerned after 38 or so, it's fine to start using hormones as an excuse for your swiss cheese brain moments ;-) Seriously, though, too much sleep dep is a killer. Sneak a nap in during savasana!