Thursday, September 22, 2011

i'll take random for 400, alex

1.) Did I tell you I got new highlights? I got new highlights. I think they look good. The reason I got them is that I've been getting my roots done every four to five weeks and it's getting hella expensive to keep up. I figured if I got some lighter pieces in the front of my hair, which is where the gray pops out anyway, it would blend better and I could go longer without a touchup. So my next hair coloring appointment is in 6 1/2 weeks. We shall see if I'll feel the need to wear a hat for the last three weeks of that, won't we?

2.) Inertia saved me from myself. You probably don't remember my telling you, but I have always loved these UGG sweater boots since I first saw them a couple years ago.



Then I when I saw Natalie Portman wearing them in Black Swan, I loved them even more because they looked so cute on screen. However, I was aware that they are probably the most impractical shoe ever in eastern Massachusetts, because you can't wear them in the rain or snow. Then I saw last week on Zappos that they had them in the above color, which is a good color, on sale for $112. That did not make them any more practical, but it did make them very, very tempting. But, seeing as I am on a shopping moratorium (seriously, for realz), I didn't buy them. I kept the tab open on my computer at home and every day I would look at them to see if I still thought they were the cutest things ever, if they were still on sale, and if they still had my size. (In case you want to know because my 49th birthday is coming up in like six or seven weeks, that'd be size 7, yo.) And I told myself if all these conditions were met when payday came around, it would mean the universe wanted me to have them. Well, as of yesterday, my size was gone. Therefore I will not be wasting $112 on nonsense. The universe has spoken.

3.) Speaking of birthdays (ahem), my boss's wife's birthday has just passed. He was thinking of getting her new garage doors for her birthday. I am not kidding. You should have heard the conversation in which I, Led Zep Girl, and our nurse practitioner tried to convince him this was not a good idea, unless of course he meant to get her, like, garage doors *and* a day at the spa. Well, Monday he was telling us that she was really pissed at him because he didn't get her an iPad for her birthday. Apparently, several weeks ago she had said, "Oh, I would love to have an iPad," or similar words to that effect, and well, he didn't pay attention. His defense is that he had asked her what she wanted and she said "nothing." "You're supposed to listen to the clues and figure out what she wants. That's what women like. It makes us feel like you care about us," I said. "No, that's passive aggressive bullshit," he said. "Kinda," said Townie Girl. "But THAT'S WHAT WE LIKE." "How long have you been married and you haven't figured this out?" I asked. Oh, the lulz. You try and try, but some people just can't be helped.

4.) My last word on why Fuckin' Lackey's suckage is due to being unable to pitch any better, not due to not wanting to pitch any better, logic-wise. My contention is this: if you are a pitcher and you *can* get guys out, there is no advantage to you to NOT get guys out, no matter how lazy, unmotivated, or uninterested you are. My google fu failed me, but who needs google fu when you have minions? My minions informed me that in his 4 innings of pitching on Monday, Lackey threw 105 pitches before he was pulled. He didn't work any less hard than he would have if he had made it to the 8th and thrown 105 pitches. It's not as if they pulled him after 60 pitches or as if, had he been pitching well, they would have let him throw 130 pitches. So if he could have gotten guys out and had a respectable, non-humiliating outing, why wouldn't he have? There's no advantage to him to suck. The only advantage to him to suck is if he's actually throwing games. I probably hate him enough to believe that before the season started and the odds were all saying it was Red Sox/Phillies all the way this year, he bet heavily that the Sox *would not* make it into the playoffs and has done his best to ensure that. So if you wanna start that conspiracy theory, go ahead. However, I still think he just sucks because he fucking sucks. Fuckin' Lackey.

xoxo

No comments: