Saturday, December 5, 2009

natural disasters

i.e. more proof the baby Jesus hates me.

I had big plans about what kind of productive things I was going to do when I got home from work tonight. They were, however, forestalled when I realized MTV was repeating the two hour premiere of Jersey Shore from 6-8pm. All week I had been reading all over the interwebz that was the best trash TV ever. Basically, The Real World...but with guidos!

Now, c'mon. Did I not grow up down the road from Reveah? Did I not go dancing at The Palace and drinking at Jacob's Ladder? Was not the second guy I ever had sex with named Aldo? I *know* these people and their potential for hilarity. I had to watch at least once, to see what their children were up to.

I was not disappointed.

Random housemates hooking up for the first time:

Guidette: Your penis is pierced.

Guido (low voice): Nobody knows.

Guidette: I do now.

Millions of television viewers: So do we!

But then it started snowing too hard and I lost my satellite signal. Son of a bitch. I can't justify rotting my brain with watching this a second time.

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

Oh it's him, is it? I don't have satellite, so no interruptions--except briefly--but I figure I can blame Jesus for giving the game to Arizona.

malevolent andrea said...

The baby Jesus is obviously torqued about all the Buddhism discussion in here.