Wednesday, December 16, 2009

updates and new content

Promises, promises.

1.) The old man is fine. "Starving" and unhappy yogurt does not count as a liquid but fine.

2.) The Boston guy on Hoarders lives in a building called The Piano Factory which is approximately around where Mass Ave and Tremont St intersect. So I shoulda gone with South End. Boo!

3.) The Situation and Snookie from Jersey Shore were on Conan last night. I recommend you watch a clip online. Now that's entertainment. If I weren't lazy, I'd provide you with a link, but I was up at 4:45 today and therefore am good for basically nothing. Which is why I'm blogging even more, yo.

4.) New content: did you see the thing on the news about the little second grader in Taunton who was sent home from school and ordered to get psychological help for drawing a picture of what was either him or Jesus on a cross? This was linked to on jezebel, with readers invited to comment on what kind of disturbing pictures *they* drew as children. Honestly, I don't think I ever produced anything that alarmed anyone, which is seriously surprising, considering that I *loved* to draw and was a really, really weird and imaginative little kid. I did write a short story in high school creative writing about a young couple who are expecting a baby until the woman miscarries after her husband beats her. It ends with them putting the now unnecessary crib in the basement. This caused my teacher to thank me for making him seriously depressed for the rest of the day, but because it was 1978/79, no one forced me to see any social workers. Ha!

That's all I've got to say about that! But I'm not promising not to post any more today. I.am.bored. and trapped in this house and not really intent on, ohhhhh, I dunno, wrapping presents.

xoxo

1 comment:

Uncle said...

Listen, when I was a high school senior I wrote a James Bond parody featuring our principal as the villain. Half the class and faculty knew but somehow he never zeroed in on me. (Left him a copy on his front porch AFTER I had my diploma.)

Today, hmm. There are very few places left to lock crazies away, but for that I think they'd find one. I'm entirely on the kid's side.