Tuesday, December 29, 2009

monday's hoarders

I'm just gonna keep recapping this show till you all beg for mercy.

Two chicks yesterday, both with kids at risk for, or already, being removed. One a thin blond woman with a good dye job, hip glasses, and a pretty and cosmetically-enhanced face. One an extremely morbidly obese woman with stringy unwashed hair, dirty feet, and what could most charitably be described as a potato face.

Woman #2 seemed kind of sweet and really dim, like verging-on-mentally-retarded dim, really kind of hurt and perplexed that you can't keep 25 animals who poop all over the friggin' floor in a house with your four children and not expect the authorities to remove all of the above.

Woman #1 was batshit crazy. BATSHIT CRAZY. Now, I am acquainted with someone whom I am absolutely sure (due to my crackerjack box psychiatry degree, yo!) has undiagnosed (or maybe diagnosed, I haven't seen the medical records [ha!]) borderline personality disorder, and woman #1, with her completely self-centered manipulative dishonest histrionics, reminded me of no one so much. Can I say it again? Batshit crazy, and in a completely unpleasant way.

So, let's recap: one very unattractive woman with what seemed like a pleasant enough personality, in over her head probably due to diminished mental capacity, and one conventionally attractive woman with a horrible, hysterical, controlling personality. And goddamn if I wasn't tempted to give unpleasant batshit crazy chick the benefit of the doubt *because she had cute glasses and nice hair*. It didn't last, of course, because you didn't need more than five minutes of listening to her to realize she was completely toxic, especially to her poor children. But how sick is that, that I was originally more disposed to "liking" her because she was attractive and well-groomed and disposed to "disliking" the physically unattractive and unkempt woman? Pretty damn sick.

Eh. The loving-kindness shit will help with that too, if I ever "get" it. Batshit crazy, potato-faced, good hygiene, bad hygiene, rude people on the prison bus, my awesome blog readers, myself...we'll all be the same to me. That's the theory!

xoxo

3 comments:

crispix67 said...

I do not think its sick. I think its human.

I wonder if you dislike being told you're human as much as I do. I am getting used to it.Mr Bill likes to tell me Im human all the time. He has no idea how hard I try not to be, and how much I dislike being so. Well, he may have an idea after a few conversations we've had. I have started asking myself when Im in a moment of hating it "What else would you like to be? What else *can* you be? Do dogs want to be something else? Do tigers?" It usually makes me laugh and forget about hating my human-ness. :-)

malevolent andrea said...

Oh, I agree it's human, and universal. (There are myriad studies proving what we've all known since like 3rd grade: people show bias in favor of other people they think are good-looking. Um, way to waste the grant money, guys!)

But it's a very unbecoming facet of humanity. I don't think I need to just accept it in myself unquestioned because it's human nature, you know?

crispix67 said...

I agree, that we shouldnt just "accept" it. Far better to dig to find out why we feel that way. Not an easy route, but thats really the only-well, best- way Ive found to do it.