Tuesday, December 29, 2009

little addendum

A very interesting piece of news I found out last evening is that D and I are not the only ones who have not seen or heard from my ex in a dog's age. Neither has his entire family. Not his father, not his sister, not his uncle, not his niece or nephew. Not for Christmas, not for Thanksgiving, not for birthdays, not for any other major holiday, not randomly. If we didn't all follow his exploits in the local news, we really wouldn't know he was still alive, any of us. It sort of boggles the mind.

Part of it is that he apparently owes at least a couple people a lot of money that ain't looking like it's ever going to be repaid. But no one's saying, "you can't come to Christmas until you pay up, deadbeat." And it sure as hell isn't that he's embarrassed about it; he demonstrably has no shame. So it's something more than that. I can't even imagine what kind of pathology is going on with him that, living one town over, he could just suddenly decide his entire family, including his own kid, doesn't exist anymore. I couldn't even hazard a guess.

But I don't think all the crazee genes came from my side of the family, 'k? Just sayin'.

xoxo

No comments: