Tuesday, April 7, 2009

someday there will be a thesis

But today there will just be more miscellaneous crap.

1.) I hear the Sox won today while I was occupied elsewhere, thus making all right with the world. Also, I'm informed that Tek hit a home run. I'm sticking by my contention that the reason his hitting sucked so very, very much last year was that the boy's head was all messed up by the dissolution of his marriage. Divorce is stressful, yo!

2.) There is right now, even as I type, a device called a "press ball" in the cartilage of my right ear, which can apparently stay there for a week (or till I get irritated with it) through hairwashing and showering and, I dunno, ear molestation or whatever may occur, and by which I can stimulate an acupuncture point that will calm me the fuck down if I start having an anxiety fit. I kinda think that ancient Chinese medicine might well be trumped by modern American pharmaceuticals in this case, but do I *have* a script for klonopins? No, I do not. Sigh. So we'll give this thing in my ear a shot.

3.) I bought a book today entitled I'm Sorry You Feel That Way (the astonishing but true story of a daughter, sister, slut, wife, mother, and friend to man and dog), and then I read 54 pages of it on the bus. I am so very convinced I have one of these books in me. But since certain of my friends are already somewhat uncomfortable when they appear *in this blog*, even though they are referred to only by pseudonym, catchy nickname, or initial, I'm pretty sure if I wrote an amusing yet poignant, smutty yet thoughtful, book about my marvelous adventures and got it published, no one would ever talk to me again and I would have to make all new friends and get another family. And then I'd be so sad I'd need weird Chinese shit in both my ears. Or something like that.

4.) I am also informed that Eminem's new video, in which he portrays both Bret Michaels circa "Rock of Love" and Sarah Palin (in bed together yet!), is on the interwebs now, so I think I'm gonna eat some chips and go watch it. <---yes, a person who writes a statement like that is going to get a book published, yup yup, uh huh. I think my friendships are safe.

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

I have days when I could consider...looked it up...press balls in addition to Klonopin. I suppose it's feline subliminal control but I kept thinking "hair balls" until I went back and looked it up.

Then again, it could be the Klonopin.

malevolent andrea said...

I keep forgetting what it's called too. Other than "that thing in my ear." :-) :-)