Wednesday, April 29, 2009

my psychic powers desert me

When, in response to Mr Lopez coming in for the bottom of the ninth, I said, "This doesn't seem like a very good idea," I was thinking more in terms of 'walk-off home run'. Ah, a failure of psychic powers *and* imagination.

Also? Julie comes back, winning streak ends? Coincidence? Ha!

Also also? From another anonymous soul on the interwebz (paraphrased): "We don't even refer to Lugo by name in my house. We just call him E6." If I ever get sick of Julie, I may need to steal that.

xoxo

2 comments:

Craig H said...

Nancy's RBI in his first at bat was a nice surprise, but the o-fer after that (and the strikeout with Pedroia in scoring position in the 8th) was soul-sucking. Distracts one momentarily from Julie booting the out that would have ended the third before the three-run dinger put Cleveland back in it. (Momentarily).

E6. I like it.

So far Julie has one RBI and one error. Like clockwork he is.

malevolent andrea said...

D's current nurse is a big sports fan--they always chat about Sox/Pats/Celtics/Bruins news--so, since I was home when she came today, I said, "Kim! Did ya *see* that Red Sox game last night?"

She said she was mostly watching the basketball, but switching over to the Sox game on and off to see the score and "--when I saw they had two errors, I immediately thought LUGO!" hahaha The disgust, it is apparently universal.