Sunday, April 5, 2009

good morning!

1.) The "totally 80s" show on VH1Classic is sucking this morning. They are not playing the cheesy and enjoyable music of my youth, but instead, stuff I hated even the first time around. If they don't play me some Billy Idol or Billy Squier (see what I did there?) soon, I'ma gonna have to change the channel and my whole Sunday morning ritual will be crushed. Even the commercials aren't amusing this week. Feh!

2.) In case I didn't mention it, yesterday was Evil Kitty's birthday. So, last night for dinner, I decided to make these frozen Trader Joe's salmon "burgers" that have been in my freezer for probably too long, and honestly, they weren't so good. Very strong tasting salmon and a rubbery texture (though maybe the being-in-the-freezer-too-long had something to do with the texture problem?). Anyway, there was one left over, so Evil Kitty got it, which made me feel less guilty about not actually getting her anything for her bday. But I don't think she was too thrilled with it either. Unlike most of the other cats I have had, she's not big on "people" food.

3.) I've had this urge to do an "unpopular opinions" or "true confessions" blog post, where I admit things that I am reluctant to say in many venues and ask you all to do the same in comments, but I am willing to bet you all won't play along, so I haven't.

4.) We're only one day away from baseball, my Dice K's been apparently pitching great, Tek's been hitting homeruns, and Julie's on the DL, so! Happy!

xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just have to inform you a well known baseball function that's often hidden from those in New England:

No Manny Ramirez = No World Series

Dates back to end of 1919, though then the left hand side of the equation contained an entirely different name.