Sunday, April 5, 2009

good evening!

1.) So, this whole weekend was a big cooking FAIL. I already told you about yesterday's salmon texture problem. Well, today I inadvertently had this piece of beef brisket (don't ask) that I would not have intentionally bought, but since I had it, and it had a sticker on it that said "pot roast", and I was planning to be home for a few hours doing my taxes, I thought, "Okay! Make pot roast!" As you do. I do not know what I did or failed to do, but that was one tough piece o' meat. Usually I would use, like, chuck for pot roast and it turns out all fatty and falling-apart tender and yummy. This, not so much. But the natives chowed it all down, so I guess I am the only one who was dissatisfied.

2.) But it was a very lovely day today, so after the cooking fail and the taxes win, I went for a nice walk down to the beach. And once again I wanted to run. However I had not planned ahead, and thus was not wearing my new sports bra, so running was a FAIL too. I lasted less than three minutes before my bra strap was falling off my shoulder and my boobs felt like they were about to break free in a horrific wardrobe malfunction. (How do I know it was less than three minutes? Because I was walking along thinking I wanna run. Should I run? Even though I'm not dressed for it? But I wanna... and then I got to "Breed" in the fast and aggressive bottom section of my workout 2 playlist, and it made my mind up for me. But I couldn't make it through the whole song without my underwear thwarting me.) So I returned to walking. This is what poor planning leads to. Learn from my mistakes.

xoxo

3 comments:

Craig H said...

If you had a convertible, you could keep a spare sports bra in the trunk, along with your spare baseball cap so your alluringly dark tresses won't get all tangled up when you go fast. (I wonder--can girl scouts put ON a bra under their shirts the same way they can take them off??? hmmmm....)

malevolent andrea said...

I can put on and take off a normal bra under my shirt (in a moving vehicle too!), but the tourniquet-like nature of my sports bra involves a lot more effort.

I had this friend/classmate in massage school who was renowned for being able to completely undress beneath a sheet in twenty seconds or less when necessary, no matter what she was wearing. *She* could probably put a sports bra on under a shirt; for the rest of us mere mortals, not so much.

:-)

Craig H said...

Which prompts a man to ask a couple of questions, like, 1) does she date?, and, 2) where does she like to hang out on weekends?