Tuesday, April 14, 2009

more to worry about

And I ripped the press ball out of my ear this morning, so I am without the help of the ancient Chinese sages, alas.

I had to take the morning off from work today so I could go to my dad's MD appointment. It was just a routine 6 month follow-up, because he's on blood pressure medication. Well, his blood pressure is good, all his blood work he had done last time is fine, his heart/lungs/belly all sounded and felt okay. But. Apparently he has lost 8 or 9 pounds since he was there in September and his doctor is concerned. Unexplained weight loss when you are 83 is not cool.

So now I'm supposed to weigh him every day for a month and report back. Plus he's supposed to go back in August, in addition to his regular appointment in September. I'm already catastrophizing about this, and trying not to be scared. I'm gonna try intentionally fattening him up and see if it works, but I don't know how I can feed him any more CAKE than I already do.

xoxo

3 comments:

Craig H said...

Beer and calzones--does it for me!

malevolent andrea said...

It's really too bad he can't drink. Though at this point wouldn't dying of alcoholism be a happier way of going than stomach or colon cancer?

And, like CAKE, there's never a downside to calzones.

Uncle said...

Cake, calzones, feta...there is not much wrong with that.