Sunday, February 8, 2009

wrapping up

...some odds and ends

1.) After 3 days of using it, I must say that with my new purse I have indeed hit bag Nirvana. In fact, I think the Buddha himself contemplates my bag when he meditates on the perfection of the universe. Why? Well, besides the beauteous color, we have the fact that it is the perfect size and shape: big enough to put a whole folded newspaper in, yet because it is what is known in the purse biz as an east-west bag (i.e. shallow but long), things do not fall to the bottom, leaving one to rummage endlessly for one's wallet, etc. Also, despite its enveloping size, the buttery soft leather and lack of heavy hardware make it surprising light, lessening my chances of shoulder tendinitis. And best yet? It has outer pockets, oh so many outer pockets. A separate one for my keys and another for my phone and another for my Charlie card and another for my work badge. And an inner one for my iPod. Oh, so much love.

2.) Coraline! Oh, how can you improve on a movie made from a Neil Gaiman book, featuring Jennifer Saunders and Dawn French, in 3D? By making the Evil Kitty animated lookalike the hero of the whole shebang, that's how! Oh, so much love. Go see it.

3.) Cheater Cheater A Rod proven to be a cheater. Hahahaha. Ha! And also, oh, so much love.

xoxo

No comments: