Thursday, February 19, 2009

several unrelated trivial things

Sadly, I seem to be unable to write about anything of substance this week.

I do, however, wish to inform you all that I prevented it from snowing this morning simply by the act of ordering those Yaktrax, which came in the mail yesterday. See, I am trying so hard to use my powers for good instead of evil.

Also? This morning, upon boarding the prison bus, I was momentarily excited to see a young gentleman, his arm around a chubby but *extremely* pretty young woman, whose jacket, hat, and inked hands put me in mind of Our Boy. Alas, closer inspection proved it to be not Possibly Irish Danny and not proof that he is getting a lil somethin somethin, just an impostor with a similar wardrobe. I should have known, because $20 bill girl was reportedly a blond, and canoodling bus rider girl was a brunette. Though, yes, I know, I know, I should not discount the possibility of our boy being a player. (And, girlfriend in tow or not, it's about time for another sighting, isn't it? I feel like there should be some sort of counter at the top of this blog... "x number of days since the last appearance of Possibly Irish Danny")

Finally, cake is still good. It's always time for CAKE.

xoxo

1 comment:

Craig H said...

The way and frequency with which women change things about themselves (from hair to toenail polish) I would not discount the possibility that PID's blonde might have morphed herself into a brunette, though, I must admit, I'd also prefer he had himself more than one, just cuz.

In either case, though, a counter might be a nice touch... (And suitably doctored to be anonymous but still enough to convey the gist photographs, but you knew that).