Monday, August 16, 2010

what is wrong with people? part # whatevah

1.) I was just watching Morning Joe over my coffee and I had to change to VH1C and Billy Joel with an afro, because I got so disgusted that apparently there is controversy about the president of this country remarking that, yes, there is freedom of religion in the USA, guaranteed by the constitution. And that includes Muslims, you fucking right wing racist gits. Um, that last part's mine, not Mr Obama's. He would never call anyone a fucking right wing racist git. As far as we know. But, seriously. I love the "patriots" that want to shit on the constitution and wipe their arses with it. Love. Smooch.

2.) And on a less political note, there's this. I was kinda ranting about it yesterday, so I knew I had to blog it. You people know you adore when I get wound up. This is "what is wrong with men?" #46,392, actually. And it follows from the above, believe it or not, because one of the things that led to discussing the chick in question was a political discussion in which I maintained that you really can't expect much, 'cause the American public is stoopid and poorly educated. That led me to start going off about this woman who is a frequent poster on one of the weightloss forums I read. She's got a lot of internet friends because she's one of those "hugggzzzz, you go, girlfriend, love you, sistah" types and they are very popular on support boards. (That's neither here nor there, I suppose, but my point is that she doesn't apparently irritate anyone but me, go figure.) This woman has atrocious grammar. And it's not for effect, LIKE IT SOMETIMES IS IN THIS BLOG, BITCHES. She just cannot write or (apparently) speak without sounding like someone who dropped out of school round about sixth grade. Oh, so what, Andrea? Well. She likes to mention frequently that she is a librarian in the school system. Which, don't you have to have a Master's degree for that? Any institute of higher learning that would give a Master's degree in library science to someone who is unable to write a grammatically correct sentence in her native language, ever, needs to have its certification revoked, is what I'm saying. (<--like that sentence? I coulda written it correctly, but it was a choice, motherfuckers)

Okay, so that was my original rant. If people like this chicky are the ones teaching our impressionable children, of course Americans grow up to be stupid and ill-educated and are susceptible to that "birther" nonsense and so on. But I could not stop just there. There's more. This woman is in a long distance relationship with her husband, who lives and works in a different city than she does. She mentioned on the boards this weekend that they were fighting because of the stress of that, and one of her sistahs asked for the backstory of how this whole situation came to be. And thus it was revealed that Illiterate Librarian is on husband #3. After her divorce from husband #1, she met the current gentleman (on the internet, cough) and he moved to be with her. They lived in sin for a couple years and then she dumped him, because she felt as if she was missing out on playing the field. He moved away. She met and married husband #2. After *that* divorce, she reconnected with the current sucker--I mean, gentleman--and he proposed. But he couldn't immediately move to be with her, and is waiting until a comparable position in his company becomes open in her area and he can transfer there.

Oh, and when she mentioned they were fighting just now, one of her internet sistahs remarked that she herself was fortunate in that she and her husband never argued. Illiterate Librarian said that, oh, they fought a lot, mainly because *she* is a stubborn bitch. She didn't actually use the word "bitch", she just implied it. But oh, giggle giggle, isn't it cute that she's so difficult? You all know how much I love people who brag about how ill-behaved they are in their relationships, and are proud of their crappy behavior.

And, not to be a complete bitch myself, but it's important to my point--this woman posts lots of pictures of herself as she travels her weightloss/fitness journey. She was not a pretty morbidly obese woman, she is not a pretty slightly-overweight woman, and I predict she is not going to be a pretty thin woman. There is no stunning beauty there to blind one to any of her other characteristics.

So, let's review! This woman is not bright. She is not physically attractive. She is apparently a real bitch in her romantic relationships and she is, giggle giggle, immaturely proud of that. And yet, she's gotten three guys to marry her and pledge their undying love (unsuccessfully, but yeah), including the present one who came crawling back after she kicked him to the curb. What is wrong with men? And by that, you know I mean, in yet another existential crisis, what the fuck is wrong with *me* and what have I been doing wrong for the past 30 years? If I strive to be stupider, meaner, more immature, phonier, and frumpier, then will men be beating down my door, pledging their eternal devotion and wanting to install crown molding for me? Really?

Some day I will figure out the universe.

xoxo

No comments: