Sunday, August 1, 2010

more things that must be said

1.) Did you see that Carlos Gonzalez of the Colorado Rockies hit for the cycle yesterday, and his HR was a walk-off? How awesome is that? Man, I wish I had him. Red Sox game ended in a satisfactory fashion as well! I love me a nice walk-off.

2.) So, as you might remember, I've been reading and sometimes posting in some weight loss/fitness forums since I've been on my program, 'cause it saves yous people from having to hear too much about it. And yesterday I was joking around about not having had the ovaries to actually weigh myself on my own scale since my little post-funeral carb up, even though I got weighed at the GYN this week (and was not unhappy with the number), and how ridiculous that was. Well, one of the guys on the forum who I've become buddies with said to me: "No, I won't say, 'Grow a set, will ya?' because I think you already have a reliable backbone." I have to tell you, I thought that was one of the nicest compliments I've ever gotten from an almost complete stranger. It kinda made my day.

3.) I'm watching the second season of Rome from netflix right now, not because I enjoyed the first season all that much, but because I've run out of TV shows. Not that it's a bad show, it just doesn't grab me that much, perhaps because with so many of the characters being actual historical personages, I already know what's gonna happen with them. Anyway, the actual how-people-lived and yeah-weren't-they-decadent parts are fun. In the first episode of season 2, Atia (his lover) is trying to get Antony to get his ass out of bed on the day of Caesar's funeral. She's all keyed up with "this is an important day" and he's all "ooo, I've never fucked a woman in a funeral dress before." After she tells him that, no, this isn't gonna be the first time either, he says "well, I'm not getting up til I've fucked somebody." So, with a big sigh, she tells one of her servants, "Oh, fine. Send for that German slut from the kitchens." Ha! (Then she snaps at one of the other slaves who's fussing with the hem of her mourning gown that if she doesn't get it right this time, *she's* next for "king of the goats." Considering what the guy who plays Antony looks like, I'm thinking this isn't the most heinous punishment she could come up with, but what do I know?) Anyway, be serious, guys (and ladies). Wouldn't it be nice to have "I'm not getting up til I've fucked somebody" as a serious option? What a life! Of course, the constant threat of being stabbed, poisoned, or otherwise assassinated probably wasn't all that fun, but as long as you stayed out of politics? It was probably pretty cool being an upper class Roman.

xoxo

3 comments:

Craig H said...

Gotta love a 4-4 day! You know a star like CarGon would demand something Ubaldo-esque in return in any hypothetical trade deal, so don't let your caviar wishes and champagne dreams make you too miserable. You got it pretty good over there, all things considered. (And this season's numbers notwithstanding).

Or were you hinting that some sort of Roman consideration might shake my man carlos loose? I'd hate to think that I'd be that easy, but, seriously, that does sound like the right kind of life to be living.

malevolent andrea said...

Tsk. I already know that sleeping with the commisioner doesn't get you Carlos Gonzalez. Just, uh, Starlin Castro. :-) :-) Which one of your studs is going 4-4 today?

Craig H said...

Well, Jason's heating up, and he's 1-1 so far with a run scored... Could be my boy Angel, as well. Youk, unfortunately, got robbed on that check swing so will have to work on his 4-4 day tomorrow.