Monday, August 23, 2010

i have been quiet

And also a weird mixture of busy (socializing and exercising and wasting time, not doing the shit I should be doing) and depressed (over shit that does not and will not matter in the long run). I must blog, however, to tell you I finally finished Rome! The last two episodes are Antony and Cleopatra in Egypt. I need not tell you *that* doesn't end well, huh? I already popped the DVD back in the mail without watching the extras, but I have to ask--how historically accurate is this? Were the royal Egyptians that debauched by 30-something BC? Lolling around smoking opium and playing target practice with slaves dressed up as deer, all eye liner and henna all the time, men and women both? If they showed this stuff in the school systems, kids would be more interested in World History, yo.

In baseball notes, was that a seven hour Sox game yesterday, like D told me? How many fans stuck it out to the bitter end? I woulda been at the Beer Works getting drunk somewhere around the second rain delay. Bad Andrea, bad. In other baseball news, Ubaldo cannot win another game, Felix Hernandez is off suicide watch, Bronson Arroyo continues to reward my faith in his old, mediocre ass, Ryan Howard came off the DL, god only knows who the Red Sox have on the DL--I can't even keep track anymore, and who we gonna root for in the postseason, Tampa Bay? My goodness.

Maybe more later. Bated breath, peeps, bated breath.

xoxo

No comments: