Wednesday, August 4, 2010

FitTv

Did you know I get this? Neither did I! I just watched Namaste Yoga and All Star Fitness. Watched, did not participate. I'm sure there's a special circle in hell reserved for people who watch exercise shows from their couch. That's "sloth", right?

Anyway, Namaste Yoga is a trip. Very artistically done with weird camera angles, like, for example, from above. Not sure how seeing what I would look like if you were peering down at me from the ceiling would help me follow along with the poses, but it does make things more interesting when you're watching *from your couch.* They've probably done the stats on this and found out that 60% of viewers aren't actually working out while watching, or something. Also, Namaste Yoga has the funky settings. Look! They have their mats on the beach! Look! They have their mats on concrete in some kind of warehouse, with water trickling down the walls! Lovely. But then there's the problem with the commercial breaks. Am I supposed to hang out in child's pose for two minutes while they try to sell me a bowflex or some diet meals delivered to my door? Or do they assume everyone's tivoing this shit?

Anyway, it's always good to see exactly what it is that I'm paying my satellite provider for every month! Namaste! (bitches!)

xoxo

No comments: